Nieuws:

Zin in een spoors uitstapje? Kijk eens in onze kalender!

60760 fail

Gestart door BenP maandag 25 april 2022, 04:06:36

60760 fail

van oud to new

60760 fail
I converted 8 analog locs since last summer, using the basic Marklin decoder that is part of the 60760 conversion set. I am finding that 3 have now failed, starting with lights no longer switching. This after working fine for months.
I have the suspicion that occasional track shorts or power pulses burn the unit. I have no way of testing, so wonder if others have found the same issue. Should I invest in a decoder tester?
I am replacing the failed units with lokpilot5, which allows mfx and has aux connections, and better ride control, for only a few euro more.
Re: 60760 fail
ACTS.zuid
gast

Yes da's notting nieuws onder the sun.

@citaat Really Ben, 60760 is just 'brakke zooi'? No more comment?  :D No further advice for BenP... Just accept.

Groet,

Peter

Werk op n ander nivo...

CiteerShould I invest in a decoder tester?

A decoder tester  (semi regardless of make or version) has a major advantage. You can test a decoder directly after buying , without the tedious conversion, or to counter those T&C which limit the guarantee of decoders after you have put them in an engine.
Secondly if you have doubts on a decoder, putting the decoder on a  simple 'engine' like the decoder tester, shows trouble with it really fast.

So can you do without? Sure, but it can serve its purpose.

The 60760 uses decoders of different types of the course of the years.  The result is that one batch seems to work perfect, and the next is 'less satisfactory'.
There might still be some guarantee, but you will need the support of your local supplier.

The lokpilots do also have their quirks, but I have grown accustomed to them, so I think they are pretty good.

Jan-Peter

Ask your self why these decoders did fail?
Fabrication error or something else?

If it is the second, your new esu or msd3 could also fail after some period?
Just asking ;)

If it is an fabrication fault i would send them to marklin or an supplier.
Not for getting a new one probably if you desire ESU of msd3,  but if there is a malfunction they can correct it.
Also marklin can find out and register how many bad decoders are coming back to custom service.