Nieuws:

Bekijk onze nieuwe Stichting 3rail kleding lijn! Mooi voor evenementen, stamafels en meet&greets op beurzen : Stichting 3rail Webshop

track contact segment

Gestart door BenP woensdag 27 april 2022, 15:52:22

track contact segment

van oud to new

track contact segment
I have started to automate my M track layout with CS3+ and focused on use of contact tracks instead of (finnicky) toggle tracks.  The latter sometimes get stuck and wagons with lighting sliders complicate the trigger.  I have not tried reed switches on my layout.
I discovered after many crashes that the standard m track contact rail (5105 and 5104) has an isolated length that is less than the wheel distance of my modern trains (like ICE).  Sometimes it senses occupancy, sometimes not.  I can use a contact extension track and two 1/2 railroad crossing trigger tracks, but that is a lot of specialty track for one sensing segment (and hard to find, and expensive). 
Is there a clever way to make one's own contact segments with M rail?  I experimented with cutting rail, but it remains grounded to the metal base regardless. 
Some cutting and soldering is fine. Suggesties, Marklin fans?
Re: track contact segment

van oud to new

One radical approach is to use two M-to-C tracks and interrupt the rail on one side.  Downside is giving in to plastic.  Upside is no shorts from metal base. 
(ja, answering my own query as 'research' continues)

Als het niet kan zoals het moet dan moet het maar

Denk dat het dan toch handiger (en goedkoper) wordt om stroomdetectie te gebruiken in plaats van massa detectie. Bij stroomdetectie kun je gewoon van een hele of meerdere lengtes rails de puko's onderbreken en aan de terugmelder hangen.

van oud to new

Henk, leg even uit.  I moet + stroom hebben om weg te rijden na stilstand (en controlled stop).  Pukos onderbreken haalt de track power weg, niet? 
Ben

Thema Duitsland, tijdperk IIIb

Perhaps you can use K-rail for your contact sections. You'll have to figure out how to connect K-rail to M-rail reliably, but I presume that that you can work that out. Provided that the rails on your layout is fixed somehow, all you need to do is cut off the connectors from where the K- and M-rail meet, and make sure that the tracks are close enough for the trains to run smoothly over the tiny gap. Of course, K-rail has the advantage that making a contact section is real easy.

Anders denken... gebruik een actieve sensor zoals bv. een ID reflectie sensor.....

Citaat van: BenP op woensdag 27 april 2022, 17:30:26
Henk, leg even uit.  I moet + stroom hebben om weg te rijden na stilstand (en controlled stop).  Pukos onderbreken haalt de track power weg, niet? 
Ben

Bij stroomdetectie wordt de trackpower op een geïsoleerd stuk rail gezet via de terugmeldmodule. Loopt er een stroom door de terugmelder dan is er een trein aanwezig op dat stuk. Geen trein dan ook geen stroom door de terugmelder.

@citaat @citaat
Zo heb ik er nog een paar, reed relais, hall sensoren, IR detectie enzovoort. The list is almost endless.
Maar laten we het simpel houden.

van oud to new

Ik kreeg ook een homemade oplossing met shrink tube voor isolatie.  Gelijk zelf geprobeerd en werkt prachtig; see pics.  Ik kan nu elke lengte maken en ook andere rail vormen gebruiken (zoals 5200).  Getest met stock marklin 1/2 interrupt. 
Mooie oplossing.  Love these forums.
Ben