Nieuws:

Voor de Stichting 3rail Wiki zoeken wij altijd foto's en/of teksten!! Wil je helpen? Lees in de oproep hoe dat kan!

Digikeijs DR80015 problems - SOLVED

Gestart door fje vrijdag 03 februari 2017, 14:34:19

Digikeijs DR80015 problems - SOLVED
Ik gebruik voor de eerste keer DR80015 Digikeijs decoders voor de controle van de interne verlichting van verschillende personenauto's.

Ik krijg verschillende problemen, die ik al geopend als een ticket in Digikeijs ondersteuning.

Ervan uitgaande dat, als een Nederlandse Merken, is het waarschijnlijk dat in dit forum kan zijn ervaring in het gebruik ervan, ik zal hier de gegevens kopiëren ik stuurde naar Digikeijs ondersteuning, voor het geval iemand had soortgelijke problemen en was in staat om ze te lossen.

Sorry voor het aanbrengen van het in het Engels, dat ik verwacht u in het er dat zeer in staat zijn te begrijpen, maar ik ben niet zeker dat de internet-vertaler die ik gebruikt voor het schrijven van deze inleiding in het Nederlands staat is om correct vertalen alle informatie van het probleem dat ik heb verzonden.

Hoop dat iemand kan helpen.

Info gestuurd naar Digikeijs: ***

****Ten eerste:

I am trying to use a DR80015 V2.0 to control the lighting of a passenger car. Everything seems to work Ok with the defaults values, the led strip lights on and off using F0 with address 3.

BUT when I try to read or write new values in the CVs using my Intellibox I 65000 in DCC programming mode having the decoder connected to the Programming track, it doesn't work.

If I only have the car with the decoder and the leds, the Intellibox answers "?", what is known when there is not current enough to work with the CVs.

Finally I put different resistors in parallel with the programming track, finally with a 220 ohms in parallel with the PT, the Intellibox seemed to work. The leds switched on and off several times, the answer was OK!, BUT the result of the reading process was ALWAYS number 0 ...

I tried to program for instance the CV1 with a different address... same result, OK!, but the address remains as 3....

What can be the problem?

It is my first experience with this decoders and I am sure it should work OK, but for the time being, the result is not what it was expected.

*** Second update:

More information... In order to be sure everything was done in the correcto way, I tried with another car that has a decoder of another Brand (Digitrax), and it worked OK, both read and write CVs  using a 470 resistor in parallel with the PT...

*** Third update:

Additional information.

I installed another DR80015 with the same result, no way to read/write any CVs using DCC programming with my Intellibox I (65000).

BUT, there is another inconvenient: ON Ticket #TTI-057-88748 I asked if this decoder would work on AC analog and the answer was YES, it does. When today I put it in a layout with AC Analog, it start working, but after some seconds, the leds start flickering as if the decoder was starting/stopping. In another situations this was due to an excess of load for the decoder, so I tested if it was warming, and it is not. All the CVs are as default, Factory values. So, I have two problems now.

1.- The programming issue
2.- The AC Analog situation (question: Is there any máximum value for AC Analog voltaje or for the load current? I have a 2K2ohms resitor between the blue (possitive) aoutput of the decoder and the leds string...

Waiting for your news again

Thanks for Reading it and hopefully some idea of help will arrive...

Best regards

Javier
Re: Digikeijs DR80015 problems - SOLVED
Found it! and partially solved....

Sorry for writting in english, but it is much more fast than going to the translator. Hope it is not inconvenience....

Reading in another forum (Belgium one) I got an idea:

1.- Put a load in parallel with the programming track (I put a bulb)
2.- No way to read CVs, Intellibox gives error, BUT
3.- Program the CV you want to program, Intellibox reaturn error, BUT
4.- The CV is programmed

I tested it with the CV1 (address) and CVs 141/144 for having the lights switched on either forward o backwards.

And it worked....!

At least this part of the problema is solved.

And solved the first problem, it came to the solution of the second. I feel that the "flickering" was due to the level of AC voltage that I think forced the decoder to do a continuos forward/backward/forward.... change, and, as I hadn't been able to maintain the lights switched on either forward or backwards, it produced the flickering.

Once I was able to FIRST, understand how the CVs 141/144 had to be programmed to have the leds switched on in both directions, the flickering problem in AC Analog dissapeared.

Hope this helps other ones that could come to the same situation.

Regards.

Javier