Nieuws:

Heb je vragen over de werking van het Stichting 3rail Forum? Krijg deze beantwoord in de Forumtips.

Märklin 3005 points of lubrication?

Gestart door fje zaterdag 19 november 2011, 23:53:29

Märklin 3005 points of lubrication?
First of all my appologies for writting in english, but dutch is too much for me and even for Google Translator.

Said this, and hoping we can maintain this topic using english (spanish would be great, but I understand it is less common ;) )

I own a very old Märklin 3005 that I starting to digitalize and one of the things I want to do is to lubricate it. One of the places is very clear, the motrice gearwheels, but coming back to the motor in particular, and not having the handbook of the loko, I don't know ehere exactly to drop a bit of oil.

So my question, would anyone have the Märklin 3005 handbook? Could this person do an scanning of it and send it to me?

Finally, if the previous option is not possible, could anyone give to me a cue of where, in which points, should the motor be lubricated (in some other lokos there are particular points with a kind of sponge that I feel not having seen in my 3005

Thanks so much

Heel erg bedankt!

Javier

P.S.: Hope the dutch-to-spanish translation of the topics titles that gave to me Google Translator didn't confused me and this is the correct place to put my question. If not, I kindly request the administrator to move it to the correct place and tell it to me. Thanks again!
Re:Märklin 3005 points of lubrication?
Hola Javier!
Bienvenido a nuestro foro.   ;)
Un grafico del 3005 se encuentra aqui:

http://www.nsesoftware.nl/mtdb/marklin/doc/3005_explo.pdf

Principalmente se lubrica to lo que mueve pero muy restingida y solamente
despues de un limpiazo a fondo.
Utilice un lubricante especial por modellismo, por ejemplo lo de Faller.

Saludos,
Cor
Forum Moderator

Gelukkig liggen de dwarsliggers onder de rail.

Hello Javier,

After 40 hours of operation, you will need to apply oil at the axle of the rotor.
The axle is mounted in the middle of the motor shield, the black cover that is holding the brushes.
At some types you will find a small holder with a sponge in it, in where you apply oil.
And also at the back of the motor, where the rotor axle is mounted in the frame of the locomotive.
You also need to lubricate the axles of the driving wheels and the front and rear bogies.

Also have a look at http://www.lctm.info/Biblioteca/Libros/
Hi, thanks to both Kappa and Brenner.

I already have the 3005_explo file, but there is no indicaction there of the particular points to lubricate, and I also have in my favorites the book section of lctm, a great spanish hobbiest of trains, he has much information in his website and also collaborates in a couple of yahoo groups (LCTM and 3carriles (=3rail) ) about trains.

The main place to find something about my question is the service manual one could find in the LCTM bibliographie, but being a very general book I was asking myself if something more particular regarding the 3005, on top of the wheels, I should take into consideration,  that was the reason for my question.

I should assume that this lokomotive (very old, by the way, probably it is around year 1957 and from a DA 846/3 starter set with which I started this hobby when I was much younger than today I am  ;) .... ) doesn't have the small holders with the sponge, what makes more critical the lubrication from time to time and to put a very small drop of oil on the axle of the rotor.

Thanks for your help.

Javier

P.S.: And special thanks to Brenner for the effort of writting the post into spanish.

Kind regards.