Nieuws:

Bekijk onze nieuwe Stichting 3rail kleding lijn! Mooi voor evenementen, stamafels en meet&greets op beurzen : Stichting 3rail Webshop

LED circuit board for Märklin NS1202

Gestart door Modellbauhuette maandag 13 december 2021, 15:35:13

LED circuit board for Märklin NS1202
Hello,
I would like to show You my conversion of my lovely NS1202 (#3051): https://www.mittelleiter-magazin.de/umbauten/beleuchtungsplatine-fuer-maerklin-ns1202/

I created an LED light board to light the small back beams of this model:

The big lights remain white, the upper small ones to the left and right became red:

The circuit board fits into the case:

I sawed up the light guide body and glued in the corresponding light guide pins from the inside with some of the rest of the body. In this way, especially with headlights, the light is reliably guided into the light guide body and crosstalk from red to white or vice versa can be effectively prevented by appropriate separation.

But in meantime, I heard, that the light signal I created is wrong, isn't it?

Moritz
Re: LED circuit board for Märklin NS1202

samen staan we sterker

No, not in today's time... :D

Earlier, it used to be in a white L figure.
De 1202 had aanvankelijk een tweepuntssein, daarna omgekeerd L-sein, daarna een A-sein en tegenwoordig als museumloc weer een omgekeerde L.  :D
Hello,
could You please paint the different possible.ligjt settings for this model with the 5 lights?

Thanks
Moritz
It is correct like this. Märklin made this model with the triple headlights in what is called A-formation.

The real 1202 began his working life with just the two low double headlights.

In 1963 the Dutch Railways introduced triple headlights. This was achieved bij enabling the right upper light to show red or white light. Is was known as the reversed L-formation as far as the headlights were concerned.

Later the 1202 received a proper third headlight. This is the Märklinversion of the 1202.

All that time the rearlights were the two upper lights as you made them.  :thumbup

Late in life the series 1200 was modernised. Among other things, this meant that de locomotives received a whole new set of lights.

Today the 1202 is at the Railway Museum in Utrecht where it was returned to it original state.
I think the headlights were yellow, not white ?
See my 3051 (1219 the first version)

Veel lukt met geduld, liefde en precisie.

Ik heb ze ook geel/rood gemaakt.
Alleen met smd-leds. Eigenlijk te veel werk als het voor een ander is..
In de 1202 van forum-lid.

Mvg
Marcel

Geen brug is te ver.

Lok 1202 is toch de 3161 ? En geen 3051 ??

M.vr.gr. Erwin
Wiki Redactie

Twentelijn Tp.IVa (1968-1980)

NS 1202 is Märklin article number 3161. Correct color for the front lights would be 'warm white', a yellowish white. Most dutch modellers achieve that color by coloring the inside of the front lenses with a yellow waterproof marker. Just using yellow LED's would result in a too yellow light color. In reversed L configuration the top light would have been bright white with both main headlights warm white.